6.19.2013

Review: Tony Moly - CatChu Wink Tony Tint in Red Apple

I usually don't wear red lip products, since I find that they don't flatter my skin tone very well. However, I was looking for a red lip tint to try since I find that they're more forgiving and hopefully I can work my way into wearing a true red that I like. I chose Tony Moly's Tony Tint in Red Apple. It's described as a "liquid type tint that express clear and animate lips color."



It has a black screw on cap with cat detailing and a flat/angled paddle applicator attached to it. What's unique about the applicator is that it isn't completely flat, but angles toward the center as it nears the tip. 

The container is see-through, so you can see how much product you have left. The liquid is a red-orange that can be built up. There is 10 ml of product per bottle.




Unfortunately, it smells terrible and tastes very bitter. It's a chemical/Sharpie scent that is not appealing at all. It doesn't last long though, so I don't have to keep smelling it. 



It's not as long lasting as the Dear Darling tint from Etude House (around four to five hours for me), but it's also not as drying. 

I find that the easiest way to apply this is to dab some on your lips and then using your ring finger to blend it out, or else it'll be uneven. It dries down pretty quickly.

light application
With the light application, I swiped the tint onto my finger and blended it onto my lips.

heavy application
With the heavier application, I used the applicator to put the tint directly on my lips (about 3-4 swipes) and used my finger to blend it out. 

Although I detest the scent, I find that the lip tint + my natural lip color creates a pretty pink color and it's easy to use. It's not red, and I hope to find a lip tint that shows up as a true red on my lips.

Any recommendations?
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the color is really lovely! I've been unsure about this product because I thought it would be like Benefit's Benetint on my lips (which I didn't like), and this looked like a similar product. But it looks so good on you!

    You mentioned you didn't like the scent - what does it smell like? And could you taste it when you were wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry,
      I don't own Benetint, but I think a lot of it depends on your natural lip color. The color may turn out different for everyone.
      I mentioned in the post that it smells a bit like Sharpie, which I personally don't like but I have some friends that love the scent. I couldn't taste it unless I licked my lips.

      Delete
  2. Actually I like the color. But I don't know any liquid lip stain that looks more red :( Benetint for example is also more a cherry red shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably try Benetint sometime in the future!

      Delete
  3. the cat shaped bottle is cute! I recommend girls tint from nature republic! i find it works better than benetint and there is no strong scent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! Will check it out :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. I love my Tony Moly lip tint. It's the cherry one, I believe. The initial taste is a bit weird, but yeah, it dies down. Haven't come across a true red yet myself, though. x.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, will keep searching though! :)

      Delete
  5. The packaging is super cute, and it looks great on you! n__n Thank you for the review!

    Junniku.blogspot.com
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the catchu range so much because I love cats! I've tried this tint myself and love it. The colour does look different on your lips but looks really nice :)

    Kittiecosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can try Tony Moly's Kiss Lover Live Tint (Vampire Red) :D As the name goes, its really RED ^^

    ReplyDelete